Simon is a counsel based in our London office. He regularly advises clients on complex commerical litigation as well as internal, regulatory and criminal investigations. He has particular experience in tax investigations/disputes and company/shareholder disputes.
Simon’s disputes practice includes advising clients in relation to both litigation and arbitration. Simon has advised on investigations in Europe, Asia and the Middle East, across a wide range of issues including fraud, bribery & corruption and money laundering.back to tab navigation
- Advising multinational clients in relation to global investigations and anti-bribery and corruption compliance, money laundering and human rights.
- Advising on multi-party claims in the Chancery Division of the High Court seeking to recover dividends allegedly paid unlawfully and in breach of duty. The case involved complicated accounting questions related to contingent liabilities linked to environmental exposure in the US.
- Advising on various aspects of a dispute between a global sports company and the Indian tax authorities, involving proceedings in the Supreme Court of India and the English High Court.
- Advising a state-owned gas company in an ICC arbitration concerning a dispute arising from the construction of a gas pipeline.
- Advising a global commodities trading firm in relation to an ongoing dispute with HMRC, involving judicial review proceedings and appeals to the First-tier Tribunal (Tax).
- Acting for a tech entrepreneur and founder of a digital healthcare company in relation to a dispute with a shareholder regarding an option agreement.
- Advising a petrochemicals company in an UNCITRAL arbitration concerning a dispute arising from a failed gas processing project.
- Advising a number of clients in relation to tax-related disputes arising under SPAs.
Simon graduated with a BA/LLB from the University of Auckland and holds a first class Masters degree in International Relations and Human Rights, also from the University of Auckland. He is qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales and as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand.back to tab navigation
London EC2P 2SR
T +44 20 7785 2742
F +44 20 7108 2742